While I sat staring steep,
A placid garb and thoughts knee deep.
I wondered and pondered on views and takes,
After-all what difference can a vantage point make?!
Broke into cold sweat and a chill down the spine,
Shaking my leg, I sipped onto my wine.
What if tomorrow I woke up to see,
If I were you and you were me.
Would I still lean on the back-seat of my car,
And desire for peace and the world to be at par?
Would I still stare at the bus passing by,
And sigh at the plight of the crowd that uses it to ply?
Would I still lecture the little boy who stole,
On what Plato has to say and what Aristotle has told?
Would I still slouch on weekends on the couch,
Complaining of the dirty roads and urchins that crouch?
Would I still believe,
That life is so wry,
And grief is to cry?
That friendship should be dense,
And life should make sense?
Would I still believe,
That love happens once,
No wars and no guns?
That the world is too strange,
And that things will change?
Jolted back by the shake of my leg,
Wading through thoughts, I was back to my peg.
The tranquil was broken, I was pacing down the hall,
It was just a vantage point or was it the alcohol?
Was I still scared? I wouldnt say no.
But a relief unknown, to a fading woe.
That tomorrow if I wake up to see,
That I was you and you were me.
Note: There are times more often than not, when I wish I was on the other side. And I would want to see myself from someone else's point of view. What would seeing the same thing from different vantage points be like. Would I still believe in my firm ideologies then? Would I still believe in my small little faiths then? Being the traditionalist that I am, I resist change, and am scared at times that if only a vantage point changes everything about me right from something as big as my ideogies to something as little as my hopes and faith then I will be a different person altogether. Or probably its the other way round, it this fear of turning into somebody else, is why I am a traditionalist and I resist change. But could be that it is only towards being a better one. Probably its not that scary or not that big a deal!!!! Who knows....Probably easier to tell once, a couple of pegs down.....
A placid garb and thoughts knee deep.
I wondered and pondered on views and takes,
After-all what difference can a vantage point make?!
Broke into cold sweat and a chill down the spine,
Shaking my leg, I sipped onto my wine.
What if tomorrow I woke up to see,
If I were you and you were me.
Would I still lean on the back-seat of my car,
And desire for peace and the world to be at par?
Would I still stare at the bus passing by,
And sigh at the plight of the crowd that uses it to ply?
Would I still lecture the little boy who stole,
On what Plato has to say and what Aristotle has told?
Would I still slouch on weekends on the couch,
Complaining of the dirty roads and urchins that crouch?
Would I still believe,
That life is so wry,
And grief is to cry?
That friendship should be dense,
And life should make sense?
Would I still believe,
That love happens once,
No wars and no guns?
That the world is too strange,
And that things will change?
Jolted back by the shake of my leg,
Wading through thoughts, I was back to my peg.
The tranquil was broken, I was pacing down the hall,
It was just a vantage point or was it the alcohol?
Was I still scared? I wouldnt say no.
But a relief unknown, to a fading woe.
That tomorrow if I wake up to see,
That I was you and you were me.
Note: There are times more often than not, when I wish I was on the other side. And I would want to see myself from someone else's point of view. What would seeing the same thing from different vantage points be like. Would I still believe in my firm ideologies then? Would I still believe in my small little faiths then? Being the traditionalist that I am, I resist change, and am scared at times that if only a vantage point changes everything about me right from something as big as my ideogies to something as little as my hopes and faith then I will be a different person altogether. Or probably its the other way round, it this fear of turning into somebody else, is why I am a traditionalist and I resist change. But could be that it is only towards being a better one. Probably its not that scary or not that big a deal!!!! Who knows....Probably easier to tell once, a couple of pegs down.....
now this Blogspot has to shift his Spotlight towards you!!
ReplyDeleteMohanty At its best!!!
Good Luck my Dear:)
Profound and touchy... Ananya baccha..its very nice and shows the side of you which is tough to express and show.. Muaaahhh
ReplyDeleteNow that is exactly how I feel at times .... And no points for guessing... Who else than Ananya Mohanty can pin up the right words... Keep them flowing! Yo!
ReplyDeletegd one!!...looks like u r one alfred Tennyson in the making....interesting perspective!!!
ReplyDeleteNyc u shud write more often n i knw derz a lot more in ur diary.....:-)
ReplyDeleteWow!! fabulous writer u r i must say..and i so much related to the poem...keep it up!:)
ReplyDeleteNow that gives me something to ponder about... Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteOn a different note you should pursue it seriously.... Who knows u could be mega rich... Lol
ReplyDelete